Webster defines the word Virtual as “Very close to being something without actually being it.” By that definition, a Virtual SSD is very close to being an SSD without actually being an SSD. From a more practical viewpoint, a Virtual SSD provides the benefits of an SSD, performance, without the downside of an SSD, price and limited capacity.
A virtual SSD blends 2 or more classes of storage media into a single volume with the performance characteristics of the fastest storage media and the capacity of the combined media. The flexibility of a virtual SSD can be tailored to meet a wide variety of needs. Virtual SSDs are:
- Cost effective because you can blend SSDs with cost effective hard drives
- Uncompromising because you can blend high performing NVMe drives with capacity SAS/SATA SSDs for an all flash virtual SSD
- High value because they offer both best in class cost/IO metrics as well as cost/GB
Enmotus’ FuzeDrive Virtual SSD is automated performance optimization software that allows you to enhance the performance of your server and take full advantage of the performance of SSD storage without paying the price for an all flash solution.
Create a Virtual SSD that is uniquely tailored to your individual performance, capacity and price requirements. Our fully automated real-time optimization means you can rest easy because we do all the hard work for you.
- Pick your favorite high performance SSD and blend it with the capacity storage of your choice.
- No restriction on the ratio of fast storage to capacity storage means your personal virtual SSD is tailored to your active data set.
- Buy as much fast storage as you need or can afford.
See for yourself how much FuzeDrive Virtual SSDs can accelerate your applications